Maintaining the sanitation and hygiene levels of an office or commercial space is no easy task. Certain areas, in particular, tend to become hotspots for germs in the office, and only a professional knows what to look for when cleaning such establishments.
If you intend to give your office or commercial space a thorough cleaning or you’re accumulating the supplies for the cleaners, the following checklist should guide you through the process. We present a list of essential commercial and office cleaning supplies in the article below for your benefit.
Office and Commercial Cleaning Supplies List: The Essentials
We begin our checklist by first covering the cleaning business essentials you’ll need to conduct your basic cleaning. This list involves a set of cleaning supplies that most homes, offices, or commercial establishments will require at some point or another. We can consider these to be the “non-negotiables” when it comes to cleaning supplies. Finding all the items on this list will be extremely easy as well as you’re likely to acquire any of these supplies at any supermarket or departmental store.
- Broom and dustpan - Every space needs a thorough sweep from time to time. There are just nooks and corners that a vacuum cleaner just can’t access as competently as a simple broom. Picking up the dust accumulated by the broom is effortless with a dustpan.
- Vacuum cleaner - As cleaning large spaces with a broom and dustpan is downright time consuming and unfeasible, a quality vacuum cleaner helps make this task a lot easier for all parties involved. Vacuum cleaners are the ideal tool to use when cleaning of a space has to be conducted on a regular basis. Many modern cleaners come with various handy attachments that can be used to tackle a wide range of cleaning jobs.
- Sponge or dish scrubber - A dish scrubber can be useful to clean the dishes in a kitchen and a sponge can be used to simply soak up a mess or a spill in the office.
- Toilet bowl cleaner - Every space with a toilet requires a toilet bowl cleaner without exception. Toilet bowls are undoubtedly one of the most germ-infested regions of any establishment, and keeping this fixture clean is absolutely crucial. A high-quality toilet bowl cleaner will help you do just that.
- Toilet brush - It’s far easier to put the toilet bowl cleaner to good use when you have a toilet brush at hand. These brushes will help you properly scrub the interior and exterior of the toilet bowl along with other fixtures within the bathroom. It helps to keep your hands clean and mess-free in a relatively messy process.
- Plunger - A plunger is another toilet-based essential that helps you tackle clogs and other toilet bowl problems. It is vital when there are plumbing issues acting up in the bathroom and you don’t want to have to use your hands to fix the problems.
- Antibacterial soap - Any location with a kitchen or bathroom (pretty much all spaces one can think of) needs a quality antibacterial soap to help people wash away the germs. The recent pandemic has reminded everyone about the importance of this understated practice.
- Paper towels and cleaning rags - A healthy collection of paper towels and cleaning rags is always a necessity in the office space as there are always elements that require cleaning from time to time. Paper towels are also important to maintain the hygiene levels of employees and office goers in the kitchen and bathroom.
- Glass cleaning solution - It is near-impossible that an office or commercial space does not utilize glass surfaces in one form or another. This is why glass cleaning solutions have become a part of the essential cleaning supplies list in recent times. Having a glass cleaning solution helps you maintain the sparkling nature of one of the most alluring surfaces in an office.
- Dish soap - A dish soap is a crucial part of any kitchen as it helps maintain the hygiene levels of the utensils and cutlery being utilized by various individuals. Dish soap can be found in various fragrances as well and it adds a nice touch to the kitchen when several individuals are sharing utensils.
- Air freshener - When many individuals share the same space for extended periods of time, the odors in the air start to gradually build up. This happens due to a wide range of factors, but an easy way to beat this problem is by putting up air fresheners at various locations within the office or commercial space.
Air fresheners help to regulate the odors in the air and even eliminate bacteria in some cases. They also have a positive impact on the mindset of people inhibiting a space as a pleasant fragrance invariably leads to a pleasant mindset as well.
- Trash bags - All the dust accumulated from the office or commercial space has to go somewhere, and the best location would have to be straight into trash bags. Having trash bags sitting within every dustbin in the office makes cleaning a lot easier at the end of the day.
Office and Commercial Cleaning Supplies Checklist: The Basics
The basics includes a list of items that you may not use as frequently as the essentials, but they’re still vital to the cleaning process.
- Sponge mop and/or dust mop - This is a useful tool to give the floor a proper cleaning from time to time.
- Plastic bucket - A plastic bucket can be a great accessory when it comes to cleaning the floors.
- Wood polish - Using a wood polish on wooden surfaces from time to time can give furniture a real shine.
- Bleach - This is one of the most underutilized cleaning tools around. Bleach can especially be the ideal cleaning agent when it comes to bathrooms.
- Floor cleaning solution - A floor cleaning solution without a strong odor will help make the floors sparkle.
- Vinegar - After bleach, vinegar has to be the best home-remedy for various cleaning chores.
- Brillo Pads - Brillo pads are made of steel wool and they can be an effective scrubbing surface.
- Baking soda - No home-remedy cleaning kit would be complete without featuring baking soda. It’s just as effective as bleach minus the strong odors.
- Anti-dust spray - This useful tool helps to keep dust off important surfaces and fixtures.
- Rubber gloves - You would not want to take on heavy cleaning duties without wearing a quality pair of rubber gloves.
- Sanitizing wipes - Sanitizing wipes can be used to quickly sanitize any surface around the office.
Office and Commercial Cleaning Business Supplies List: The Specialties
The following is a list of specialist and cleaning supplies tools that will only come in handy in certain situations. Having them around for emergencies can be priceless though.
- Mold and mildew cleaner - When there is a sudden outbreak of mold or mildew in your building or furniture, you would be remiss for not having mold and mildew cleaners on site. These agents will help you get rid of these nasty growths with ease.
- Small keyboard vacuum - If there is any spillage on electrical appliances or computer keyboards, having a small vacuum around can be a real boon.
- Insecticides - If you notice that the number of pests in your office or commercial space is on the rise, you might want to apply some insecticide to get rid of the infestation. You can also call a professional if the infestation gets out of hand.
- WD-40 lubricant - This is a truly versatile tool that can be used for a wide range of applications such as lubrication, removing glue residue, removing rust, and loosening rusted bolts.
Clean as a Whistle
We hope the extensive list of cleaning supplies presented above will help you keep your office or commercial space as clean as a whistle. If you’re looking for more useful cleaning tips, make sure to visit our blog today!
Also read: 20 Easy Cubicle and Office Organization Ideas in 2022